Point Bonita Light House was constructed in 1855 to guide ships entering the bay from the south. It is reached by half mile of ruggedly beautiful trail through some wild landscape. The site is subject to high wind speeds, dense fog, and evolving landscape. Access to this light house was reopened by Golden Gate National Recreation Area in the mid 1990's by placement of two fiberglass truss bridges over trail areas washed by erosion. These bridges were preassembled on the ground and lifted into position by a coastguard helicopter. JYASF was the engineer of record for these bridges.
ClientGolden Gate National Recreation Area
LocationMarin Headlands, CA